Essential Aspects of RubyBuy now - Save 40%
A beginner to intermediate look at the Ruby programming language: from first principles and basic constructs, to more advanced concepts in object-orientated programming.
Introduction To Ruby
each, map, select
Classes & Objects
Why Study Ruby?
- A great first langugage to explore programming concepts
- Elegant syntax that reads like English
- Easy to build applications for startups, hackathons, MVPs
- Essential for learning Rails and web development
- Ruby's high level features keep you focused on business logic
- Mature libraries, great tooling and active community
- Popular with developers
- Junior developer salaries from £30,000-£35,000
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who is starting out in programming, has self-taught some basics but is looking to take things to the next level
- Have written your own scripts in say VBA or PHP, or even Rails, but would like to better understand object orientated programming
- A stay at home parent or someone looking to cross-train, who needs flexible learning
- A self-starting person who wants to be more hands on than just watching videos, you learn by doing
Objective-led learning sets out the goals for self assessment each lesson, keeping you on track
Interactive slide deck
Pace yourself whilst you read up on the theory with detailed lesson notes
Curated documentation, tutorials and resources relevant to your study
Tried and tested coding exercises, with step-by-step guides, and unit tests to check your work
A coding challenge that you fork and submit a merge request to complete - just like a real open source developer
Refresh your memory with our fun quizzes, drawn from real student questions in the classroom.
I know just enough about git to clone a repo, and enough to run a couple of commands. I just need a tried and tested set of learning materials that are thorough enough for me to really learn something on my own, with the option to ask questions on Slack if I need to.
Content Only: £45£27
- Lifetime access to the course
- Unlimited updates
- All source code and material available to download and keep
- Access to our Slack channel, where you can chat with other learners
- Solutions and model answers
I'm ready for the challenge, but I know that I'll need some guidance. Having a video walkthrough of a solution would really help me, but I'd like the chance to have a go myself, knowing I can reach out for help if I get stuck.
Premium Support: £95£57
All the Content Only benefits, PLUS
- Help with your exercises and assignments on request
- Get professional code review and feedback on your merge requests
- Audio commentary on course notes
- Video walkthrough on assignments
I need the flexibility and self-pacing of online learning, but I know that without a regular touchpoint I'll drift off. Knowing that others like me are meeting up every week for a seminar would be really exciting. As well as asking questions, and getting help from Dan, it would be good to see there are others in the same boat.
Private Study Group:£495
All the Premium Support benefits, PLUS
- Weekly group seminar with Dan, where we cover the material and work through exercises
- 8 x 1 hour live sessions
- Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
- Do I need to install any software?
- Does it matter what Operating System I use?
- Does it matter what Web Browser I use?
- What time commitment is needed for this course?
- What sort of help can I expect on the premium package?
- How long do I get access for?
- What happens if I change my mind about purchasing the course?
- Can I upgrade to a more premium support package later?
- Do you offer discounts for those with financial difficulties?