Essential Aspects of Ruby
A beginner to intermediate look at the Ruby programming language: from first principles and basic constructs, to more advanced concepts in object-orientated programming.
Introduction To Ruby
each, map, select
Classes & Objects
Why Study Ruby?
- A great first langugage to explore programming concepts
- Elegant syntax that reads like English
- Easy to build applications for startups, hackathons, MVPs
- Essential for learning Rails and web development
- Ruby's high level features keep you focused on business logic
- Mature libraries, great tooling and active community
- Popular with developers
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who is starting out in programming, or who has self-taught some basics
- Have written your own scripts in say VBA or PHP, or even Rails, but are looking to take things to the next level
- A stay at home parent or someone looking to cross-train, who needs flexible learning
- A self-starting person who wants to be more hands on than just watching videos
Objective-led learning sets out the goals for each lesson, so you can self-assess whether you are on track
Interactive slide deck
Pace yourself whilst you read up the detailed lesson notes
Curated documentation, tutorials and resources relevant to your study
Interactive, in-browser coding exercises, with step-by-step guides, that self-mark and feedback your results
We challenge you to an assignment that you fork and submit a merge request to complete - just like a real open source developer
Refresh your memory with our fun quizzes, drawn from real student questions in the classroom.
All the Content Only benefits, PLUS
- Help with your exercises and assignments on request
- Get professional code review and feedback on your merge requests
- Audio commentary on course notes (WIP - Coming Soon)
- Video walkthrough on assignments (WIP - Coming Soon)
- Lifetime access to the course
- Unlimited updates
- All source code and material available to download and keep
- Access to our Slack channel, where you can chat with other learners
- Solutions and model answers
Private Study Group:£495
All the Premium Support benefits, PLUS
- Weekly group seminar with Dan, where we cover the material and work through exercises
- Up to 8 x 1 hour live sessions
- Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
- Do I need to install any software?
- Does it matter what Operating System I use?
- Does it matter what Web Browser I use?
- What time commitment is needed for this course?
- What sort of help can I expect on the premium package?
- How long do I get access for?
- What happens if I change my mind about purchasing the course?
- Can I upgrade to a more premium support package later?
- Do you offer discounts for those with financial difficulties?