Introduction to Shell ProgrammingStart Now
This short course for beginners provides an overview on how to effectively use your shell, useful key commands and bash scripting.
Command Line Basics
Why learn shell?
- Essential for day-to-day programming
- Help boost your productivity and efficiency
- Spend less time fighting your shell
- Learn to automate repetitive tasks
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who is starting out in programming, or who has self-taught some basics
- Anyone learning to code, whether online or as part of a training course or bootcamp
- Anyone crossing over to UNIX (Max / Linux) for the first time
- Anyone looking to try other programming languages
- A stay at home parent or someone looking to cross-train, who needs flexible learning
I'm ready for the challenge, but I know that I'll need some guidance. Having a video walkthrough of a solution would really help me, but I'd like the chance to have a go myself, knowing I can reach out for help if I get stuck.
Premium Support: £25£10
All the Content Only benefits, PLUS
- Help with your exercises and assignments on request
- Get professional code review and feedback on your merge requests
- Audio commentary on course notes
- Video walkthrough on assignments
I need the flexibility and self-pacing of online learning, but I know that without a regular touchpoint I'll drift off. Knowing that others like me are meeting up every week for a seminar would be really exciting. As well as asking questions, and getting help from Dan, it would be good to see there are others in the same boat.
Private Study Group:£60
All the Premium Support benefits, PLUS
- Weekly group seminar with Dan, where we cover the material and work through exercises
- 1 x 1 hour live session
- Do I need to install any software?
- Does it matter what Operating System I use?
- Does it matter what Web Browser I use?
- What time commitment is needed for this course?
- What sort of help can I expect on the premium package?
- How long do I get access for?
- What happens if I change my mind about purchasing the course?
- Can I upgrade to a more premium support package later?
- Do you offer discounts for those with financial difficulties?